+ Is Salt Therapy safe for children?
Salt therapy is not only safe for children; it is a highly recommended natural treatment. There are no potentially harmful side effects. The treatment is suitable for children of any age (as young as 1-month-old). Children, in fact, respond to the therapy even more quickly than do adults. During a Salt Therapy Session, children play with toys, read books and interact with other children.
While Halotherapy is a relatively gentle treatment, people with severe conditions such as the following should consult their doctor prior to adding Halotherapy to their existing medical treatment:
Halotherapy is not recommended for individuals without a Doctors consent for the following conditions:
- Existence or suspicion of cancer
- Any kind of infectious disease
- Acute respiratory disease
- COPD with 3rd stage of chronic lung insufficiency
- Coughing of blood/bleeding
- Infections accompanied by fever
- High blood pressure/hypertension in IIB stage
- Any form or stage of tuberculosis
- Chronic kidney disease
- What about the concern that salt is bad for you?
- Some people are concerned about the intake of salt because of issues relating to diet, high blood pressure, and hypertension. This type of salt intake is connected to the digestive tract.
- Dry salt therapy is different as it associated with the respiratory system. When inhaled, the amount of micro salt particles entering your respiratory system is extremely low that it doesn’t present any risk to your health. It actually kills bacteria, reduces inflammation and expands airways.