The Yoga studio is kept at 72 degrees. Our YOGA classes are are an hour in length & suitable for all levels (unless otherwise noted). Each certified yoga teacher brings her own uniqueness & energy. Our classes are a variety of Vinyasa, Gentle Hatha, & Yin style yoga. Vinyasa means “linking movement with breath” & Hatha and yin postures can be held longer to achieve a deeper stretch. We offer modifications, amplifications, and props; this practice is accessible to everyone! We supply yoga mats, blocks, straps, bolsters, blankets and meditation cushions on a first come, first serve basis. Feel free to bring your own if you have them.
Some of the benefits of yoga include......
- relaxation of body and mind which in turn revitalizes your nervous system
- a feeling of peace and stability
- a feeling of being 'taller'
- holding good posture more easily and without effort
- becoming acquainted with muscles you didn't know you had - which is the first step in toning them up
- a feeling of being more energized - if not immediately, certainly the next day
We ask that you please Pre-Register for our workshops. This allows the instructor time to prepare materials and ensure enough space for participants. Most of our workshops require a minimum number of people enrolled for the class to take place. By Pre-Registering we save your spot and you are helping to assure the workshop you are interested in happens. If you’re not able to pre-register, please call us prior to the start of the workshop to determine status and availability.
- Wonderful instructors and great environment. Best place for yoga or massages in Manitowoc.
- — Debra Jones
- Experienced staff, wonderful service!
- — Rose Colored Glasses
- Balance on Buffalo is an amazing place! The energy is calm and welcoming. I go to Balance as often as possible for massage or yoga. This place stands above all the rest. I had a hamstring injury for months that was healed after 6 visits to Balance. Love this place!
- — Dana G
- Staff. All are kind, welcoming and know their practice. Great atmosphere and facility.
- — M.K.
- The whole experience was friendly, knowledgeable and professional. I have already mentioned it to several people, and will definitely be back in the future to try more classes.
- — J.C.
- A long time customer of Balance on Buffalo. From the welcoming and skilled staff to the classes offered, this place is truly a healing experience. Whether you are seeking a soothing massage or take a class to enrich your spirit, you will not be disappointed.
- — Elaine S.